Consulting Fee

Report the source and amount of a consulting fee, and report the source of your spouse’s consulting fees in Schedule A. 

Consulting Fee: Examples

For You

Schedule A

Report the total amount of your consulting fees during the reporting period if the amount is more than $200.

Block A: Provide the name of the source. If the source is not a publicly traded company, also provide the source’s line of business and location (city and state).

Block C: Write the word “consulting fees” followed by the exact amount of your fees in the column labeled “Other Income” on the right side of the page.

For Your Spouse

Schedule A

Report your spouse’s consulting fees only if your spouse received more than $1,000 during the reporting period.

Do not provide the amount of your spouse’s income. Instead, write “spouse’s consulting fees” in the “Other Income” column.

Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions 


This guide is not intended to provide investment advice, and you should not rely on statements in this guide when making investment decisions.