Report a stock and income from the stock in Schedule A.

Stock: Examples

For You, Your Spouse, and Your Dependent Children

Schedule A

Report a stock if the value of the stock was more than $1,000 at the end of the reporting period, or if the stock produced more than $200 in income during the reporting period.

Block A: Provide the exact name of the stock (e.g., “Xylophone Technologies Corporation”). For stock of a privately held company, provide a description of the issuer’s trade or business (e.g. grain distributor, supermarket, financial advisory, etc.), and the city and state in which the company is located.

Block B: Report the value of the stock by marking the appropriate column. If the stock is no longer held, the value will be “None (or less than $1,001).”

Block C: Report the total amount of income that was produced during the reporting period by marking the appropriate “Amount” column. If the amount of income is more than $200, you also need to report the type of income by marking the applicable “Type” column(s). Stocks normally produce dividend income but stocks may also produce capital gains if sold.

Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions  


This guide is not intended to provide investment advice, and you should not rely on statements in this guide when making investment decisions.