FAQs: Law Firm

1. I am a non-equity partner at my firm. How do I report this position?

Schedule A

Report the income that you have received and any anticipated payments in Schedule A. In Block A, note that you are a non-equity partner. When reporting the exact amount of income received in the Other Income column, provide an appropriate description of the type of income.

Schedule C, Part II

Report any payments that you anticipate receiving after withdrawal from the firm. 


This guide is not intended to provide investment advice, and you should not rely on statements in this guide when making investment decisions.

Note: To return to the previous page, close this browser window.