Government Benefit or Payment
Report the following:
- Honoraria you received from the United States Government.
- Consulting fees you received as an independent contractor with the United States Government.
- Salary you received from state, local, or foreign government employment.
- Honoraria or consulting fees you received from state, local, or foreign government sources.
- Your retirement benefits from a state, local, or foreign government, such as participation in a defined benefit plan or a defined contribution plan.
- Your income from state, local, or foreign government benefits programs.
Do not report the following:
- Income you received as an employee of the United States Government, including military Reserve pay.
- Retirement benefits you received from the United States Government, including the Thrift Savings Plan and any other United States Government retirement system.
- Your income from the United States Government’s Social Security, veterans’ benefits, and other similar United States Government benefits programs.